Driver for Chicony Icam 6160 webcam

Discussion in 'Software' started by stopads, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stopads

stopads Private E-2

Greetings everyone,

I'm having trouble finding this driver. I've googled it dozens of times and haven't had much luck. I've gone to the website of chicony.com and no drivers were found for my model. What's funny to me is that it looks exactly
    like the Panda 10B with the same looks & specs. Everytime I try to download a driver it says "driver not found." I'm guessing this is a discontinued product. Is there any alternatives? Can I use another free driver? Please let me know. Thank you in advance for any advice?

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I found the driver, however it's on an Israeli web site and you can't read anything that written on the page except for where it said the name of the product (Chicony 6160) and the line "Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/VISTA". So I started moving the mouse around and when it turned from pointer to the little hand, I knew I was on an active link. I would then look down in the lower left corner of my browser for a discription of the link. Well, I came upon one of these mystery links and the description was 'setup.sfx.exe' so I downloaded it, extracted it, and launched the setup file which showed me it's a USB camera driver. So I'm assuming it's the driver you need. I hope it works! Here's the link:
    http://www.ivory.co.il/UploadKbFiles/Setup.sfx.exe
    It's a direct download link, meaning when you click the link it will immediately open the download dialog.

[dlb]
    :major

(let me know if this works or not... I'm curious if the Israeli site had the right driver)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds