driver for SM Bus Controller

Discussion in 'Software' started by GCWesq, Jan 5, 2009.

1. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

Greetings.

I have a yellow question mark on System / SM Bus Controller, and there are no drivers listed. I am wondering which drivers I need.

I have run Everest, which says under Summary that my MB chipset is ATI Radeon 9100 IGP.

Under AGP Device, it is listed as ATI Radeon 9000/9100 IGP chipset.

The MB is Sapphire Axion RS300.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as always.

Thanks

Geoff

2. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

Forgot to say that I'm using Windows XP SP2. Celeron 2.6 GHz CPU.
    Also, something I read said I could find it at this site: http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/2k/integrated-2k.html, but I don't know where to look.
    I have seen other possibilities, but which one is right? If I downloaded something and it was wrong, would it say so?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

If you could attach an Everest report to your next post, it would be very helpful. I did some searching around and couldn't find any reference to your motherboard on the Sapphire web site, and the Everest report will be an easy way to get the complete low-down on your motherboard. Is your PC a pre-built or a custom build? If it's a pre-built (from a company like Dell, HP, Gateway, Micron, SysteMax, etc) please post the make and model number....
    :-D

4. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

Report is attached.
    Thanks.
    Geoff
    PS you have been helping me with another problem on this same computer - in case you think you're having deja-vu, or something. Much appreciated.
    PPPS The mobo is reviewed and pictured at http://www.itreviews.co.uk/hardware/h549.htm

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I searched far and wide and found no trace of drivers for the Sapphire Axion motherboard. However, Gigabyte made a motherboard that is almost identical. here's the driver link: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=1750
    Install the chipset drivers first, and reboot the PC after each driver install has finished.

I hope this works! >fingers crossed<

[dlb]

6. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

Thankyou in large quantities dlb. I have downloaded the chipset exe file, and I am about to install it. It's asking me where to extract to. Does it matter? It's suggesting extracting to Free Download Manager, which I guess is not the best idea.

7. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

Also, can you tell me please, do I need to install all 4 downloads listed on that site - Audio, (Chipset - yes), VGA and LAN? Only SM Bus Controller has a yellow question mark.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  8. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

First question - where to install to - is OK. I found directions in teh Drivers section. ("teh" - nyuk, nyuk, nyuk. Wasn't deliberate!!)

9. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

YAHOO! - I think. I installed the chipset driver and the yellow question mark has gone... so has teh SM Bus Controller listing. Is this good?

And in case you don't feel like reading previous posts, do I need to download the other drivers on teh Website (Audio, VGA and LAN) as well?

Geoff

10. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

Found ATI SMBus listed under System Devices.

11. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

No- you do not need to install all the other drivers, but you might want to download 'em and burn them all to a CD for future use. Tracking down your particular chipset software wasn't easy. :p

:highfive Glad I could help! :-D

12. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

Done. Thanks again for all your help. It's been fun. As I said to Mimsy, we need an icon that bows in homage to those of great wisdom, such as you. :wave

13. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

14. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

Actually, it's more like the MA39 - identical, except that that one has 6 USBs, not 4, and I can see it has a chip where on my board there is a blank space with lots of connectors coming off it. No drivers though, as you said.
    http://www.firingsquad.com/hw/4798/Sapphire_AXION_RS300-MA39/
    Cheers
    Geoff

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds