Driver hunting forthe E system 3086

Discussion in 'Software' started by kurtryan, Dec 29, 2008.

1. kurtryan

kurtryan Private E-2

I recently formatted my E-system 3086

after the 2 previous formats *had alot of issues with my laptop*

i'm once again looking for the drivers

at the moment i need my ethernet and wirless drivers i've look on previous threads only to find a few broken links

Techguys had the drivers i needed the only problem is i am now getting an access denied message when i try to exstract the files

Also it has a password option yet no mention of passwords on the download site

been hunting for about 2 weeks now can anyone help me?

i think im looking for *it whats written on the laptop stickers*

10/100/1000 Mbit LAN
    WLAN 802.11 b/g

drivers?

im currently working off XP Media center

*dosen't trust Vista yet*

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Techguys seem to change wether you can or cannot download the drivers for PCs you buy through PCWorld etc if and when the time suits them, seems they wish these days for you to take the PC in and pay £14.99 (though weird price as we are lower in VAT now) for the privilledge.

Attach a log from Everest, instructions below and maybe manually we can find the drivers, although at times if specific custom parts have been used in those PCs then drivers need to come from maker, so could you post link your getting drivers from that are seeming to have no access to them.

To find this info you can use the likes of Everest to find this info, at times a summary log of your PC can help, to do this

Install Everest and run
    Click Report (top menu) > Report Wizard > Next
    Choose System Summary Only > Next
    Choose Plain Text > Finish and wait for report to generate
    Click Save to File and leave the File Name as Report, then click the Save as Type dropdown and choose Report files (*txt) and click Save (n.b. Save to desktop is best as easy place to find it, use Browse to locate desktop)

Then attach your log to your next post as per these instructions HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

3. kurtryan

kurtryan Private E-2

thanks i was suprised everest worked without a live net connection

here is the report Can you see what my ethernet controlers supposed to be?

Attached Files:

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

The PC is actually made by ECS (EliteGroup) and the drivers can be found by clicking on this link to the drivers page for the G335 model.

Good luck, and Happy New Year! :drink :dancer :wine

(always install chipset drivers first!)

5. kurtryan

kurtryan Private E-2

One thing with this is that my intel is a celeron M this differs to the link you gave me

infact its alot more powerful than my E system 3086 o_O

they share the same drivers im guessing?

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Yes. Having a different CPU will have no effect on the drivers or the driver compatibility.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds