"Driver IRQL not less or equal..."

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gregd8, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Gregd8

Gregd8 Private E-2

Just got a new Acer Aspire 5750G laptop less than 2 weeks ago and I'm getting a blue screen crash with this error message for seemingly no reason. I'll just be sitting there playing WoW and doing a BG or something and it'll just crash all of a sudden. It's happened like 4 times already since I got the computer and it just happened about 20 minutes ago.

I started thinking it was a driver issue so I tried updating my drivers but they're all up to date since it's a new computer. I contacted Acer customer support through their live chat thing but they just told me to reinstall windows 7. Does anyone know anything about this?

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Welcome aboard. Ya, reset it, check your RAM with memtest86+, you'll have to burn it to CD as it's an ISO, change your BIOS to boot from CD first and let it run overnight. If you even have one error showing on the second pane then your RAM is bad and should be returned for repair. I'd also run Start/
    Code:
    chkdisk /f
    , it may take some time.

This probably won't resolve your issue but can at least give you proof for them to take it back and fix or replace at their cost. Most likely their response to reset is the first response they usually give on their 'repair script' that they've been trained to give for most problems.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds