Driver problem causing BSOD's

Discussion in 'Software' started by Aaron5030, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Aaron5030

Aaron5030 Private E-2

I play a lot of games on the pc, from mmo's to singleplayer games, and have recently began having a lot of problems with bluescreens etc. I haven't put as much love into this pc as my other but i built it about 2 years ago and its run like a charm untill recently. No matter what game i play , about 10 min or so in, the game does one of two things, either freezes completely, or the pc completely reboots itself.

Every single time the stop error comes up as 100000d1. Recently a younger sibling of mine managed to get a nasty virus on the pc and after a bit of a debate i decided to reformat and install a fresh xp, it needed to be done anyway, plus i figured it may fix the problem. Low and behold the problem still happens every time.

Now i understand that this 100000d1 error is related to driver errors of some kind or them being unsigned, however i am not sure as to how i find which driver this is, and also i am not sure as to what steps i should take to fix said driver (assuming that drivers are the issue).

ATI Radeon HD 4650 1g vid card
    ASUS M3N78-EM nvidia GeForce 8300 Mobo
    AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 6000+

if theres any other info you need or dox i need to post just tell me how to go about getting them and i will post them near immediatly. ty in advance for any help offered

2. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

What operating system are you on?

Yes, this looks like a driver issue.

I will provide a link to drivers when i know what OS you are on.

3. Aaron5030

Aaron5030 Private E-2

I am using XP 32b on this pc.

4. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

First step, Go to device manager, and look for yellow ! marks, post back your findings.

Second, Download your drivers from here.

Might also be worth looking at a BIOS update, lots of the updated BIOS's for your MB seem to be fixing stability issues.

5. Aaron5030

Aaron5030 Private E-2

I do not have any missing drivers. As for that website, I called ASUS the other day trying to find the proper driver versions, but was told to simply use the nVidia website for those. When i attempt to download the drivers from the ASUS website it simply takes too long, averaging 38 hours to download each driver. This takes approx. 2 minutes from the nVidia website.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_winxp_15.45.html

This is the page i am getting the drivers from. It is for the 7 series , geforce 8300 products, it is where i was directed to from ASUS customer support.

6. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

You checked Device manager and didn't see any yellow ! marks?

7. Aaron5030

Aaron5030 Private E-2

Yes there are no instances of missing or unknown drivers in the device manager.

8. Aaron5030

Aaron5030 Private E-2

A few hours ago someone had me post the mini dumps that had recently occured. I found three at the time and upon looking at them, they stated these errors:

1. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1); caused by USBPORT.SYS
    2. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1); caused by XDva332.sys
    3. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1); caused by XDva332.sys

Maybe this could help?

9. Aaron5030

Aaron5030 Private E-2

Bumping. My issue has yet to be solved. Ontop of the previous error, i am now receiving a " 0x000000c4 " error at random times. I just recently recieved it while installing itunes mid-installation, and again in the middle of watching a movie with VLC player. Im not sure as to what to do at this point , all sources thus far are leading to corrupted drivers, but to me it seems like if that were the problem it must be multiple drivers that are corrupted. I'm not sure, I dont know how to track down which driver is corrupted. I downloaded my drivers from the nvidia site , same as every other time.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds