driver problem high def audio bus

Discussion in 'Software' started by Valgoth64, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Valgoth64

Valgoth64 Private E-2

hi,

i just upgraded to from an older nvidia 8600gt to an ATI 4870 and i use an asus P5N-SLI mobo. I keep getting on startup hardware located " audio device on high def bus" and I dont understand where to get the drivers for it. I am running windows XP home edition on this one. only thing i deleted was the nvidia display driver when i changed to the 4870.

thanks in advance

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

taking a shot in the dark, but if the card has hdmi output, it will also have audio output as well, as hdmi has audio and video in the same cable...could be that your motherboard audio isn't hd, but now the video card is? have you used the proper drivers for the new card?

this might be a solution for you: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111
    but first i would look for an updated audio driver from the motherboard manufacturer's site.

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

tsgun is on the right track.... without more info about your Windows version, motherboard and sound card make/model, it's kind of hard to provide direct links or advice... try downloading and installing KB888111. It's the Microsoft HD audio update that was linked to above, but there's no download link for it at the MSKB. You can download KB888111 from this direct link. It only will work with WinXP Sp1 or Sp2... if you're running SP3 let us know and we'll try to help.
    :-D

[dlb]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds