driver updates needed I cant find them

Discussion in 'Software' started by mynuwhalo, Apr 27, 2009.

1. mynuwhalo

mynuwhalo Private E-2

I have searched and searched for these drivers. Please help me find the updates.

realtek rtl8168b family pci fast ethernet nic update

intel 82801 pci bridge-244e driver update

Standard dual channel PCI IDE Controller

Any help with these would be greatly appreciated..

Attached Files:

2. mynuwhalo

mynuwhalo Private E-2

Forgot OS is Vista Ultimate

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

First, download the chipset driver from this direct link. This should cover the PCI bridge and the IDE controller. Then download the ethernet drivers from this link.
    I hope this helps! If you have any issues or questions, feel free to post!
    :-D

[dlb]

4. mynuwhalo

mynuwhalo Private E-2

For the ethernet link can you tell m,e which one I need to install from the realtek site list?

I installed the intel bridge from the direct link you provided. It ran and extracted all files is there anything else I needed to do?

I'm definately a dumby when it comes to this stuff.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

After the Chipset driver is installed then install the LAN one and best to get initially is the one that is from the motherboard maker in Gigabyte from Here under LAN.

If your using 64bit Vista, then re-choose the OS from the drop down for Vista 64bit.

6. mynuwhalo

mynuwhalo Private E-2

Is this for the realtek ethernet?
    realtek rtl8168b family pci fast ethernet nic

sorry for the numerous ??'s

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

No probs on Qs and yes its for the Realtek as if this ethernet port is the onboard one and not an add on card then its correct one as its the one your motherboard maker supplies.

Also let us know what other devices in Device Manager have yellow ! marks by them.

8. mynuwhalo

mynuwhalo Private E-2

Heres another ? This is a self extracting file...do I need to look in these files to run the installation of the drivers? What am I looking for?

Thanks Halo

9. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

From what I can see at the link I provided to the RealTek site, there's only one installer for Vista. It's the one that says "Auto installation program (Vista64 and Vista)" and is 5509k in size. The other that says "Vista (Server 2008) Driver" and is only 321k is the driver ONLY. That means it is just the .SYS and the .INF and the .CAT and the .DLL files. This means that they must be installed via the Device Manager. There's no setup.exe file that you simply launch to install the driver. Personally, I use these type of no-setup-file drivers; for me, they're quicker and easier. Most people use the installers with the setup.exe files as they are much easier to use for the average home user. The file linked to by Halo is a self extracting zipped file. When you double click it, it will extract itself to folder that contains the setup.exe file; run it and it will install the driver. So- you have two options: the Realtek link I provided, or the Gigabyte/LAN link Halo provided. Either one should be fine.
    :-D

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds