DriverGenius glitch?

Discussion in 'Software' started by iheartwilco, Aug 31, 2008.

1. iheartwilco

iheartwilco Private E-2

while running DriverGenius i seemed to encounter a number of problems --

1. while showing that i need 15 critical driver updates it only shows 4 when i get to the download screen.
    2. when i highlight one and tell it to download it seems to only go in short bursts, forcing me to hit the download button over and over.
    3. the first time i tried i started them all at once and after starting them over about 7-10 times, none of them would actually start again until finally about 2 minutes later they all said they failed.
    4. after this i do only one at a time but problem 2 still occurs. i got through one d/l like this, but i dont want to go through the rest the same way!!

im running DriverGenius Pro Edition 8.0.316

any suggestions??

::edit::
    slight update, i am currently trying to find the drivers manually but having a bit of trouble finding ones that d/l properly
    here are the ones that still will not download properly--
    amd_8-8_vista32_dd_67980
    Logitech_setpoint460
    nvidia_nforce_1518_vista32

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  2. iheartwilco

iheartwilco Private E-2

another update --
    i found the first 2 now and should be ok on those.

i also found the the nforce one on nvidias website but it says its 15.01 and driver genius tells me i need 15.18... im downloading it anyway but is this ok??

3. iheartwilco

iheartwilco Private E-2

ok i got all those updated, but now there are more, and they are doing the same thing. am i just doomed to manually downloading them all myself?

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I always manually update my drivers and have never used one of those driver programs.
    You didn't say what your system is. If it is an OEM like Dell, HP, etc, you can find your drivers in one place, on the page listed for your model.
    If you have a build, you should be able to find the all your drivers on your motherboard page.

BTW It is not necessary to update your drivers all the time.
    Updates usually fix a problem in the original driver. If you are not experiencing that problem, there is no need to update.

5. iheartwilco

iheartwilco Private E-2

i usually update them myself as well, but i was having some glitches and couldnt figure out which what was causing it.

my system is home built.

0_o all drivers?? i think you mean some of them, because obviously my video card's driver comes from their site... maybe i just misunderstood you *shrug*

ya i leave drivers alone if there is no problem. i was having issues with sound and video and i am still somewhat of a novice so i sought help.

anyone have advice for my problem about the program itself???

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds