drivers arent compatible with hardware?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Evanss31, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Evanss31

Evanss31 Private E-2

I recently bought Age of empirers3 and ive been trying to make it work, a friend told me a needed a newer nvidia driver to make the game run on my computer, so i tried to download one and i keep getting this message "The INvidia steup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit" what does that mean, and how can i fix that? someone please help

2. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

It mean that your graphic card is to OLD and the nvidia driver do not support your card anymore....

What is your graphic card ???

3. Evanss31

Evanss31 Private E-2

I'm pretty sure its Invidia RIVA TNT2 Model 64 pro

4. leopold99

leopold99 Private First Class

invalid link.

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

More likely, its an oem card that won't use retail drivers.

Can we get your full system specs, and is it a laptop or PC?

6. Evanss31

Evanss31 Private E-2

Honostly, you'll have to guide me through what kind of information youll need, my dad knew everything about computers and I happen to be really igonorant of everything...but, the computer is a pc, what else?

7. Gower

Gower Private First Class

mate , you will need to loacate your system spec by entering run and typing in "dxdiag" then under sytem info is your computer spec. Also put your hardrive size down as well.
    Gowzy

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds