Drivers causing my computer to freeze?

Discussion in 'Software' started by russian master, Jun 24, 2005.

1. russian master

russian master Private First Class

I got the replacement video card, and no matter what driver i install, the computer just freezes during anything. I mean its still functioning, but i cant move the mouse or use the keyboard at all. Yesterday, i was happy with the omega drivers, but even then, after about an hour of gameplay of warcraft 3, my monitor said no signal and shut down...nothing could bring it out of it. ANY suggestions would be welcome, because at this point, this problem is getting on my nerves too much. I installed cat 5.6, and still the same thing...perhaps even more pronounced now.

2. russian master

demented...of all people...you should know better

3. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

4. russian master

i was talking to rikky...and he suggested that i change sata ports or use a different sata cable, b/c he had an identical problem with his setup. I switched ports...still waiting for a crash...none so far tho:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds