Drivers from ASUS MB cd not able to auto load.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 123jamartin, Apr 16, 2005.

1. 123jamartin

123jamartin Private E-2

ASUS A7N8X-E deluxe
    Athlon xp 2200+ fsb 266
    80gb Parallel ATA 100 hd
    MB fastented down, inside dressed, all fans working CPUm @ 30 C
    I had no trouble installing XP, and the drives all work well. THe Cmos recognises all componets, and the setting are correct (at least they have worked well before!). The motherboard CD will not go into set up to install drivers. I am getting aerror message " motherboard not support!!!" THere is no "ed" on the last word. Can't download w/o ethernet drivers. Or download new drivers. Do have access to internet on other compter with DVD writer. THis is a first! John

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

It soudns like you have the wrong motherboard CD.

In the event the drivers you need are actually on that disk then you can simply go into device manager and install them manually. Or you could even just go to update the NIC driver and then point it to the cdrom drive and it will scan the entire CD. If it comes back with nothing then you have the wrong CD for sure.

You could also just download the drivers you need from ASUS site, they offer them all online. Then just burn them to CD and get them that way.

3. 123jamartin

123jamartin Private E-2

I have tried to load the ethertnet drivers using the cd, and nothing was found. What are NIC drivers?

4. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

Ethernet drivers are NIC drivers. NIC is Network interface card, which is the more common and shorter way of saying ethernet.

If the drivers arn't on the cd it sounds like you simply have the wrong CD. It's no big deal though, just grab the drivers from asus's site and then put then copy them over using a CD. Or use a floppy drive if you have one, they arn't very big.

5. 123jamartin

123jamartin Private E-2

All is well. The correct drivers quickly installed. THANK YOU!!! I have had none of the problems listed on these pages with this MB. I always reset the BIOS /cmos by moving the jumper (its near the battery on this board) from
    1-2 to 2-3 and taking out the battery for 15 seconds. Then I power up and set the bios, making sure that everything IS recognized, the values are correct, and the clock is set. IF YOU HAVE A SATA HD YOU MUST USE F6 AND INSTALL THE SILICON IMAGE SATA RAID DRIVERS DURING xp INSTALL.

I would like to know how to download and install ASUS probe and ASUS Update utilities. I coudn't find them on the ASUS site, and have not been able to install them with the MG download site (or another couple of sites). I get the zip file , click on it to see if it is self extracting , then extract it (using winzip) to and folder and try to install :) from there. Niether of these methods are working!

6. 123jamartin

123jamartin Private E-2

Don't forget to put the jmper back tothe 1-2 pin position! :D

7. 123jamartin

123jamartin Private E-2

I found and downloaded the utilities from tweak.com. THe only problem is that this site is in German. But not a problem for me as I have had enough G :cool: erman to be dangerous , but not fluent.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds