Drivers Needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mc_rocker, Apr 25, 2007.

1. mc_rocker

mc_rocker Private E-2

I recently purchased a Compaq Presario PC with no restore disk.
    No where on it is the model number listed. All I have is a serial number.
    The display and sound drivers need to be reloaded. How do I find these
    and get the right ones? If anyone has a clue please contact me at:

Need this info really really quick. Please help!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2007
  2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

What model is the Compaq? You can ask us or Google the model number to find what it has and we can let you know.

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

If you go to your system information, it should tell you what your sound device or card is and what your video card is. Then you can go the manufactur's web site and should be able to get the drivers

4. mc_rocker

mc_rocker Private E-2

Don't have Model number only serial number.

It says: Intel Pro/100+ PCI Adapter

PCI Communication device unknown

5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

That is your NIC card (network)
    Go back to sys info, click on components.You will see sound device and display there. Get the names of both.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

As the Major, mentions its very easy to aquire the correct drivers with the Compaq model number of your PC, it should be on a sticker on the PC somewhere

Desktop
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...roduct&dlc=en&product=89327&docname=c00004461

Laptop
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...oduct&dlc=en&product=212728&docname=c00033108

as a side note but in drivers, when you locate the model number and start installing drivers do remember ti install the Chipset or Motherboard drivers first as they are needed for other components to be correctly identified, like your NIC, USB etc

7. mc_rocker

mc_rocker Private E-2

It is a Compaq Presario Series CMO900. There is no more information listed except the serial number. Been to the Compaq site and found no drivers for
    this specific series.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds