Dropbox 3x versions compatible with WinXP?

Discussion in 'Software' started by tritonobx, Dec 20, 2014.

1. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

Never had issue with new Dropbox versions installing until 3.0.3 None of the install setups finish and no error dialogs pop up. Maybe the versions won't work with XP. Anyone with XP able to update to 3.0.3 or 3.0.4?

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Have a look at this page. You may need to re-download Dropbox to get the fix.

3. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

Thanks for the tip. I've visited these pages and tried their downloads and installers but still a no go. Tried clean installs, alternates sites, all with the same result.

4. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

This is inevitable - software producers no longer have any interest whatsoever in ensuring their products will run on XP SP3. You need to get off XP just as soon as possible.

5. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

EDIT - I should have added that until you are able to update to Win 7/8 it's best not to accept any offered software updates as there is every likelihood they will have problems.

6. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

Thanks for the input. I'll check newer versions for compatibility as they're rolled out, to see if one will install, run, and sync files.

7. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Indeed. We affectionately refer to it as Windows XPired...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds