Droping Shared Printer

Discussion in 'Software' started by rosway, Aug 23, 2016.

1. rosway

rosway Private E-2

Hi,

I have a strange problem. I have a workstation connected to a domain. There are 4 mapped network shares. There is also 1 connection to a shared printer that is on another pc.

Whenever the workstation is rebooted the the shared folders are fine and can be connected to. But the I am unable to print to the shared printer. If I Reinstall the print share I can print.

The work station is running Windows 7.

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

IDK, I have a few PCs sharing a printer and the only time it was an issue was when there was a DNS issue and the computer name could not get resolved.
    Are you using a static IP or computer name?

3. rosway

rosway Private E-2

Thanks for the reply.

We are using the computer name.

4. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

1) If the printer has built in networking I'd use that.
    2) Buy a print server & put the printer on the network. Might be an issue if it is an AIO.
    3) Script the printer to install from Window's Start or log on script.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds