DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Discussion in 'Software' started by smartiepants, Aug 29, 2008.

1. smartiepants

smartiepants Private E-2

Me too.. I know there are a few threads on this, so what is the best removal tool? All the other threads are 2006 & 2007.

:confused

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Moved to the Software Forum. DrWatson is not a malware issue.

3. smartiepants

smartiepants Private E-2

Ok, well I have never seen nor heard of Dr Watson before and I sure never downloaded/installed the program to my knowledge...

When I googled it I found a lot of people warning that it was a virus until finally at Yahoo answers I found "DrWatson is a tool built into Windows by Microsoft. So you don't want to get rid of DrWatson". Can you confirm this is correct?

It occurred at a moment when my computer froze and I had not heard of the program so I thought it must be a new virus. However, none of my anti-virus or anti-malware programs are finding anything.

Only thing is I periodically get a warning saying something like "Exploit..... (bunch of numbers) is attempting to access your computer'' Not sure which program is helping me block that.. it happens mostly when I attempt to do banking.

Also, Spyware Doctor has identified a Threat called Application.NirCmd but says it is a legitimate application under certain circumstances. I was waiting on a reply in another thread about NirCmd, and am not sure if this is part of the problem. I've just removed it anyhow so hope I have no more problems.

Next time I see the Exploit message I'll do my best to write it down quickly before it disappears!
    :major

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Yes. You do want Dr. Watson.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds