DSL router-modem, bridge/gateway help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SeCALPHA1, Jul 23, 2009.

1. SeCALPHA1

SeCALPHA1 Private E-2

I want a better (working) internet connection for downloading, streaming and playing games.

I have a Verizon DSL GT704WG router-modem connected to the kitchen computer and a Netgear wpn311 Wireless G Card with mimo on my computer in my room. At most, I get a signal of about 2-3 bars and that's only if its not randomly disconnecting.

My wireless card is connecting to the Verizon router-modem. Instead, to take full advantage of the G mimo, I want to use a new Netgear rangeMax wpn824 v3 router that I bought which has the 10x mimo range and connection.

In other words: I want to know how, if possible, to create a bridge/gateway (whichever it may be) with my new Netgear router so that my wireless card is connecting to the Netgear RangeMax wpn824 v3 router, instead of my Verizon router-modem.

Can someone run walk me through the process of doing so, if it's possible? I know enough about networking to have done everything possible in an attempt to get a better connection such as resetting, disabling ivp6, port forwarding etc. I covered all my bases just to double check, including things I was sure I didin't really need to do. I'm just not too confident when it comes to setting up hardware and such.

I'm on Vista 32bit SP2 and the kitchen computer is running XP 32bit SP2. There is no possibility of directly connecting via Ethernet.

Please, help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds