Dual Boot and Lost Disk Space

Discussion in 'Software' started by axelbrora, Sep 3, 2008.

1. axelbrora

axelbrora Private E-2

While trying to repair a boot up problem on XP SP2 I lost the hal.dll file and Windows would not start in any mode.

I tried the recovery disk from Mesh and it started to reinstall windows, no repair option. I got stuck at the product code which I could not find. I then installed my original XP SPI to get my computer running. As I now had a real mess and needed to reinstall all of my programmes I took the opportunity to upgarde to Visa SP1.

Now all is excellent except for the fact that I still get offered the dual boot although it defaults to Vista after 30 seconds. I now have an extra 5GB partition with what is obviously a partial installation of Windows SP2.

Not a major problem but I would like to get rid of the dual boot option for a faster boot up and also recover the 5GB of disk space.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Axel

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds