Dual channel memory causing monitor problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bobs Yer Uncle, May 1, 2010.

1. Bobs Yer Uncle

Bobs Yer Uncle Private E-2

I recently decided to stick a matching pair of 512mb sticks in my computer to go with another matching pair of 512s of a different model. Both sets work fine when only used in conjunction with its matching partner but when i try to put them in together through dual channel the monitor doesn't pick up any signal from the pc but everything else boots up and loads with out any issues or alarming beeps, then when i remove a pair everything's back to normal.

any ideas what the problem could be?

I'm not sure what kind of info would be useful in trying to help solve the problem so ill try my best to provide enough information

2. Oldphil

Oldphil Sergeant

Please post system specs that always helps the thought process, I am thinking you have a miss match. Have you swapped them around into different banks?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds