Dual Core Temps......

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tym, May 14, 2009.

1. tym

tym Corporal

I have a AMD Turion™ X2 RM-74 Dual-Core Mobile Processor for the life of me and Google can not find what the normal operating temps should Run. What It should run at idle. And The max it should run while gaming. Any help would be greatly apreaciated. I thank you kindly in advanced.

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

What laptop make and model do you have?

Normal operating temperatures differ from computer to computer, and tend to differ more with laptops due to the custom cooling in most of them.

AMD do not state temperature on their website, but I would assume a good maximum temperature would be about 65-70 degrees C.

What temps are you currently getting?

3. tym

tym Corporal

I have a HP Pavilion dv7-1232nr Entertainment Notebook PC. I am getting about 50 Celceus. Seen It go to 60. 50 Is about idle. 60 is surfing playinig some music. Just hope to get an idea of Normal Temps while idle and the max because I am getting ready to start gamming on it. First up is a replay of farcry.

I have a cheep laptop cooler under it. Have a better one comming from new egg. Just dont want this thing getting to hot. Apreciate your help.

4. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

50 is a good idle temp for a computer like yours. Playing music without a dedicated sound card, like in a laptop, will place some load on the processor so the 60 degrees is about right for about 30-40% load. If it goes above 68-70 then you have a problem.

When the temperature reached 60 does the laptop fan come on, and if you put your hand by where the hot air comes out how much is coming out and how hot does it feel?

Also, when was the last time you attempted to clean the fan and associated air ducts?

How old is the laptop?

5. tym

tym Corporal

My computer is only a few weeks old. I really dont feel the fan kick on til it hits about 70 Celsius.

6. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

I've just been monitoring my laptop for a while and I am finding the same thing. This therefore appears to be common and nothing to worry about.

7. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Just don't use your laptop on your lap(weird eh?) or bed as the vents get clogged with the cloth or fibers.;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds