Dual Graphics Cards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wolf13, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Wolf13

Wolf13 Private E-2

Hey everyone,

I've always wondered how good it would be to run dual graphics cards.

Can anyone offer some pros and cons for running dual graphics cards, say dual nVidia GeForce 9600 GT's, just for an example ;)

Also, If I ran a reasonably new graphics card like the 9600 with an older 6600 would my performance suffer? Does it try to run the older graphics card first? How does it all work?

Would it be worth just buying a top of the range graphics card to run on its own? because it would be cheaper from where I'm sitting to run dual graphics cards.

I know this is a lot of questions, so answers to any of the above is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

3. Wolf13

Wolf13 Private E-2

Yeah both that website and the links provided on that page were very informative, thanks for that :)

Ok, I think that was the gist of that link you provided as well. Nothing is on the cards just yet, I'm just planning for the future.

Thanks again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds