Dual Homed server not communicataing on LAN

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MrVader101, Nov 25, 2008.

1. MrVader101

MrVader101 Private E-2

Hey everyone its been a while

I have just had to reinstall the operating system on our server at work due to some weird errors and the problem we are having now may be related i am not sure. I have set up the server installed the active directory and connected it to the net. Now i am having trouble getting the server to communicate with the other computers on the local network. infact the NIC connected to the LAN is receiving no packets at all, the NIC connected to the internet works fine.

Any help as to where to start to look for the problem would be much appreciated.

PS the event viewer shows nothing out of the ordinary and the hardware is all installed and workiing according to the device manager.

Many Thanks and have a nice day :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds