Dual monitors while playing games setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kramitthefrog, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Kramitthefrog

Kramitthefrog Private E-2

first off, the video card i'm using is a radeon 9500 pro with a dvi out and the blue cable out( forgot the name, but its the normal video card cable). So I set them both up into my 2 monitors, and selected my second monitor to "extend desktop onto this monitor through windows". So while i'm playing world of warcraft on my main monitor, I have to run in windowed mode and drag my mouse off the screen to the other monitor, as if I try in game it won't let me swap monitors( i have to alt tab). Is there any program that can allow me to bind hotkeys to swap monitors? So i can stay in game and not alt tab/run windowed?

Also, a quick question. Can I set my second monitor up so that it can also view the windows system tray, the start button task bar and items on desktop.

Thank you very much in advance!

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I tried that with WoW once. I had the same problem. I'll follow this thread intently, I am curious if someone has a solution.

3. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

I can't think of any way for it to work unless the vendor (in this case, Blizzard) codes their program to work that way.

4. Olley

Olley Sergeant

i think this is not possible in windows... tried it myself..

5. Smokeyrobinson5

Smokeyrobinson5 Private E-2

ive seen someone with dual screens hooked up to battlefield 2. Dont know if that helps. Using windows XP.

6. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

that would suck,everything you aim at would be in the join of the screens :( ,3 screens is a different story

7. Kramitthefrog

Kramitthefrog Private E-2

Ok, so right now I have it setup to where my main monitor is playing in minimized mode, and I downloaded and installed : http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/
    this program is pretty cool, adds a taskbar to my other monitor however I can't seem to alt tab with my main monitor and see other programs on my main monitor(not a big issue, i can just move everything except the game to my secondary monitor). Another annoying thing is that when I go to the bookmarks page on my secondary monitor, the list shows up on my primary monitor over my game screen lagging my comp alot even though the actual internet page is on my secondary monitor(wierd!). Any help? Hehe. Other then that, its a great setup and exactly what I wanted.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds