Dual Output Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MolotoV, Apr 21, 2004.

1. MolotoV

MolotoV Private E-2

I am running a G-force2 MX400 on Win XP home. It has S-video and a VGA output. I am trying to get Media Player (or WinAmp) visualzations to maximize on the S-Video While still having program access on the VGA. I have tried dragging the visualzation window to the S-video screen and maximizing but it would always maximize on the VGA. I then set the S-Video to default and it would maximize there but then it wouldn't let me do anything on the VGA while it was running. Please help.

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

May be settings not configured properly?

Is this new problem, were you able to do before?
    drivers? which are you running, try update drivers ( the newest not necessarily the best choice), remove old first, then youll have to set up or reconfigure settings

I have similar set up on the kids pc, gforce4 mx440 8x,( i believe uses same drivers) Ill check it out see what got going on there been awhile since set it up, forgot details, may be coulpe days to get back to ya.
    ?? enable desk top manager
    ?? User interface: click on options: enable all
    ?? enable drop and drag
    ?? enable nviewTask switcher

3. ChrisC

ChrisC Private First Class

With my nvidia card, I could set it so that a video would maximize on the screen the media player wasnt on, which was useful.
    But I couldnt do it for WMP visualizations :S
    Maybe try setting your VGA to the primary display adaptor, or unplug the monitor? Kind of drastic, but it might work :S

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds