Dual Sata Drive Question.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tym, Oct 25, 2009.

1. tym

tym Corporal

I Made the Switch from Ide To sata Now I am not sure If this is a problem or not. I have Dual Sata drives. My Dual Boot works fine. My Bios Sees Both Hard Drives, But in the boot Option I am not given The Option to boot from the Second Hard drive. Is that normal?

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I believe you need to explain how you installed the two OS. And, what OS are they?

3. tym

tym Corporal

I am running windows 7 on both drives. 32 bit and the 64 bit. I know with ide you always had the option to boot from the 2nd hard drive. My Bios Is up to date. Just not sure with Sata. Will Sata let you boot from the 2nd hard drive.

4. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

are you wanting to fix the boot manager so it lets you choose which version of windows to boot? or do you want to select which drive to boot from. Sometimes the bios will let you choose which specific drive, actually most do, but I'm sure there are some that won't. in the bios, when it says Hard drive, can you hit enter, and get to a sub menu of specific drive(s) ?
    if you are looking to edit the boot manager, vista boot pro will work great
    http://majorgeeks.com/VistaBootPRO_d5625.html

5. tym

tym Corporal

I have the Asus M4A78-EM motherboard. The bios sees both hard drives. When I select the one hard drive in the boot options, It does not give me the option to pick another one. I do have 1 through 6 slots to hook up the sata on the mother board. I have tried going from the 1 2 slots to the 2 3 Slots. No luck

My dual boot works fine. It shows both hard drives when I open my computer Icon. Could try to flash the bios but not real crazy about that option. I have the last I knew the latest bios installed. Now that I think about it. I should try something else in a day or two. Disconnect One sata drive see if the system boots. Then disconnect the 2nd hard drive see if it boots. Will try that in a day or two see what happens.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds