Dual View in Vista?

Discussion in 'Software' started by samthunder, Jun 20, 2007.

1. samthunder

samthunder Private First Class

I have become pretty pro at getting my computer to clone video out to my TV on XP, but have so far to come across any options at all for video output now that I've upgraded to Vista. The control panel for displays and video-cards seems reaaaally basic. Can anyone who's had success tell me how?

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

It may depend on the graphics card you have, and memory installed.Vista is graphics, and memory hungry.
    Have you looked at your Vista score for the system you have, and particularly the graphics card.
    I have Asus 7200tc (256) pci-e, and it only scores 2.5 - sorry I don't use dual monitors, and at the moment I am on my old P4 system (xp Pro), but if no one else comes back to you , I will have a look later.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  3. samthunder

I rate a 5.9 and a 5.8 respectively for Graphics and Gaming Graphics. My memory is low but only cuz I had 2-1GB sticks and one broke down. The issue isn't a performance one, just that I simply cannot find the control panel or interface or button to click for any sort of monitor switching options.

My video card is an NVIDIA 7800 GT and my drivers are all supposedly up to date. I guess I'm asking if this feature hasn't been enable on Vista or if I am just not seeing the right option or what.

4. samthunder

I figured it out, despite what Vista was telling me, I DID find more recent drivers for my card, and a nice simple interface from Nvidia that let me set up my TV/PC combo in about 30 seconds. Thanks for the helpful suggestions anyways. Keep on geeking.

Sam

5. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Pleased to see you found the answer.
    I was coming back to say Nvidia Vista driver works o.k it on mine, and suggest you check it - I looked in settings, and although mine is set to screen 1, screen 2 was showing (if I had/wanted to use it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds