dumb question 4

Discussion in 'Software' started by laurieB, Jun 23, 2004.

1. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

ive got a new icon on my tool bar. its a sheet of paper that sez 'discuss'. if i hit it a box pops
    up that sez 'add oir edit discussion servers' and 'type in the name of the discussion server your administrater has provided' . soooooo.....what is it and where did it come from?

2. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

Just right click on the tool bar and click on customize and remove it from the right hand box.

3. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

The "discuss" button should link to whatever program IE has set up as your default newgroup reader; default is Outlook Express. If you're not using any newsgroups or company discussion groups, Greyhound's right; you can remove/hide the button. Or just ignore it.

4. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

ive taken it off!! i think it must have something to do with MS office, which i downloaded before you told me how to make the attatchments readable. i dont really need MS office, but as im only using 7% of my available memory, i dont suppose it matters much. i was just curious as to what it was for and where it came from. i thought it might have something to do with MG as this is my only 'discussion group' much aloha. laurie

5. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

Quote "as im only using 7% of my available memory,"

lol laurieb, everybody always tells me that's how much I use on a good day
    :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds