Duplicate Owner's Document Folders

Discussion in 'Software' started by jm516, Mar 18, 2005.

1. jm516

jm516 Private E-2

On my Windows XP system (XP SP1 AMD 3200+ 512MB 160GP HD)I have 2 totally separate folders for My Documents.
    One, called "Owner" seems to be in the normal
    subfolder under "Documents and Settings" under the C: Directory

The other is a completely separate folder which is the last folder under the C:
    Directory (one below my "Shared Documents" folder, above "My Network Places") and seems to have thesame number and kinds of files and takes up about the same space as the
    other (this one is called "Owner's Documents"). If I delete something from the first (under Documents and Settings) it also gets deleted from the separate Owner's Documents folder below. Also, If I search for a file within the C drive it does list the file twice, with the same attributes and file size. This is what makes me feel this folder is other than a shell or shortcut folder.
    Both of these are distinct from the shortcut folder called "My Documents"
    (the first folderunder "Desktop") and that, I know, is XP's shortcut
    way of referring to the My Documents folder.

Can someone suggest a method of deleting this duplicate, since it means (I
    think) that I am taking up twice the space for my saved documents? I'm
    afraid to delete either folder, as it will probably delete the other. Another point that mighe be worth mentioning is that I originally transferred my stuff over using PC Relocator s/w from my Win 98SE machine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds