DVB-T and Mpeg problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by rik_na, Nov 14, 2007.

1. rik_na

rik_na Sergeant

So I have bought the a DVB-T 310U KWorld hybrid TV dongle. I dont know why either. I installed everything, the drivers, the associated 'Hypermedia' software and boot it all up and nothing, when it comes to set any TV station, I get a recursive software faliure printing up a message pertaing to not starting MPEG 2? Makes no sense to me what about anyone else? Am I missing a codec?

Okay bit more info

error message pt.1; cannot render mpeg2 Demux Filter
    error message pt.2; Cannot init Direct show interface... (1001)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Rik

I not familiar with digital tv on PCs as yet, not gotten around to getting one of those DVB T gizzmos as yet, but did a search on this issues, with no firm fix, many had tried...

As that Demux MPEG2 filter is part of DirectX then you could try re-registering it, click Start > Run and type regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mpg2splt.ax hit enter and see if that fixes it

or this one which popped up a few times, while KWorlds hardware is rated highly its software is not, so a few successes have been in using this Free software to use as your TV viewing center http://www.majorgeeks.com/MediaPortal_d4543.html

3. rik_na

rik_na Sergeant

Hi Halo, Yeah the gfx card is bang upto date, and the later Kworld drivers seem to crash my system for some reason. I agree the problem might be a problem with the DirectX as a few point to this as having the Demux Filter so I will try re-registering it tonight. I was hoping to run it through a third party piece of software re the poor Kworld software support, but no luck so far so a good Codec update is a good call and i will give it a whirl as well. Will post with the results.

I get a 404 off the compatability link from the MG DVB-t software btw.

4. rik_na

rik_na Sergeant

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Rik

Cheers for the update.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds