DVD Burner stopped Burning??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bee, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Bee

Bee Private E-2

I have a P4 2.8 HT, XP, FX 5700 VC, 80 gig HDD NTSC (not Fat 32), 1 gig dual channel ram, Toshiba DVD Burner (newest firmware), LG CD Burner.

- Problem is that it has always worked flawlessly in the past until last night. I burnt an ISO image and it went good. I put another disc in then it did the reading of the original but it froze about half way through the burn after I put the blank DVD-R in (I use Ridata and verbatium).
    - I tried simulation mode and it would do it as well but not as frequent.
    - I use alcohol 120% 1.9 and Nero 6.6, I tried uninstalling NERO and reinstalling and it still locks up my machine.
    - It also does it in NERO even when I use simulation mode.
    - I tried uninstalling the driver and restarting the machine (didn't help)
    - Went to the Toshbia web site for a driver and it states that the driver is not needed (XP does it automatically) so they don't offer one.
    - Windows update dosen't do it either.
    - I have even tried backing up things that I have backed up before and no go.

The next step I think will be to format my HDD. This is all I can think of (some cooruption somewhere).
    Or is it the burner (I succesfully burnt some MP3's onto a CD-r though).

Please help as I'm desperate (fromatting is alot of work).

Thanks,
    B:confused:

2. mastermosley

mastermosley Sergeant

I had a problem somewhat like that a few months ago. I just unistalled my DVD-RW and restarted my computer, than it re-installed automatically when I logged back on. Everything seemed to work after that. You can try that by:

Start --> Control Panel -->Click Switch to Classic View (Top Left) --> System ---> Hardware --> Device Manager --> DVD CD-ROM Drives then just click on your drive and click unistall then re boot ur computer.

That fixed it for me

'Also if your using alchohol you will have two or more DVD Drives in the device manager. Make sure you get the physical drive.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds