DVD/CD rom Wont read..oh my?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jazagod, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Jazagod

Jazagod Command Sergeant Major

Hello,
    Here is the problem. I just bought a new PC, and after intalling winows xp pro, the dvd/cd drive wont read. Sometimes I get this error..."Only part of a readprocessmemory or Writeprocessmemory request was completed".
    It is a Liteon dvd/cd Double layer drive.
    Now.. Sometimes it will work if i turn it off and swap the IDE cable to slot 2, then power up install those drivers, then turn it off and put it back to slot 1. After doing this, it may read once! Then if I change cd I may get the Erorr, or It will just spin really fast and read 0bytes.
    Because of this I can't even properly install by mobo, or gfx card.
    Here are the specs...
    Asus A8N SLI Deluxe
    AMD 3200+ Proc
    Maxtor 160 Gb SATA
    NVidia Ge Force 7300 256mb
    512 Ultra 3200ddr2 RAM
    Ultra XFinity 500Watt PSU
    And the Liteon that wont read. :mad:
    Everything else but the sound works great:confused:
    :rolleyes: I'm stumpped, and have searched hard. Fresh install if that helps...All new!
    Thanks in advance :)

2. Jazagod

Jazagod Command Sergeant Major

Anyone?
    :rolleyes:

3. Hitman559

Hitman559 Private E-2

i hope they find sumthing soon im have a real similar problem
    i have a similar system am2 4600 xp pro sp2 asus crosshair ect
    i ran all the anti virus and reg fix software still wont detect the cd or in my other drive it said f:/ is not a valid win32 application then when i got into the cd it said the same as yours the read or write application ect.

4. gmajic46

gmajic46 Private E-2

Just for sxxts and giggles, you did delete the cd/dvd from your device manager and reboot; right?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds