dvd converting creates mpeg file how do i....

Discussion in 'Software' started by sd96112, Feb 12, 2008.

1. sd96112

sd96112 Private E-2

After i convert avi to dvd it ends up being a mpeg file. how do i burn it or how do i convert it into vob files for nero.

thanks

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

What program are using to convert? Did you end up with just one mpeg file?

Nero needs a VIDEO_TS folder with .IFO .BUP and .VOB files to burn a DVD. You can use DVDFlick to do the conversion.

If your converter gave you a few mpegs and the IFO and BUP files, I believe you can rename the mpegs to .VOB and use them. But only if you have the IFO and BUP files.

3. sd96112

sd96112 Private E-2

i end up with mpeg file only. its really werid

4. sd96112

sd96112 Private E-2

i am using any dvd converter

5. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I'm not familiar with AnyDVD converter. AnyDVD looks like a product to remove copy protection from a DVD. If your willing to go through another conversion process try DVDFlick http://www.majorgeeks.com/DVD_Flick_d5530.html using the original AVI as input.

I do very few conversions and probably shouldn't have answered this question but I know DVDFlick is regularly recommended as free software for this type of thing and have used it a couple of times myself.

6. sd96112

sd96112 Private E-2

i was reading up on dvd author and supposely it get the mpeg and put it in all the vob files and u jus put it into nero and burn
    anyone know bout dvd author

7. miscaddress101

miscaddress101 Private E-2

have u tried burning it with nero vision?it should burn mpeg.or else try some programs like dvd santa or winavi.have 2 pay 4 them tho

8. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

To the OP: you've been offered a quality, easy to use, free solution! Give DVDFlick a shot! I have used it 100's of times to convert MPEG files, AVIs, RMs, WMVs, you name it... sach2 provided the download link above. If you need a how-to guide, here's a link to a PDF:
    http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds