Dvd Dl Burner Not Picking up Blanks??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jtune, Jun 25, 2009.

1. jtune

jtune Private E-2

Hi. My Gateway has a Home Premium edition Vista PC with a ATAPI DVD W DH16W1P ATA Device burner in it. On the cover it reads Dvd+R DL so it reads and rights dls but when i put in a blank dvd dl it wont pick up the cd at all.

any help would be appreciated

2. jtune

jtune Private E-2

bump still not solved i tried memorex 8x dvd+r dl and verbatim 2.4x dvd+r dl and the dvd burner isnt picking up any type of dual layer dvd any help would still be appreciated

ps it burns every other type of disc so far just not dual layer although after running dvd identifier and by looking at the cover it clearly states it should and cant find any new drivers for this brand

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What burning software you using?

The route I would take to solving this is to uninstall your burning software and then do a cleanup with CCleaner of temps and registry, then follow this to remove the upper and lower filters, reboot.

Reinstall your burning app again (if NERO, then try this free one to test first, CDburnerXP)

What model Gateway? just wondering about a newer firmware update for that dvd drive.

4. jtune

jtune Private E-2

well ive got like 5 different burning softwares , nero gburner divx few others
    gateway gt5408

and didnt think a burning software would keep windows from detecting a disc

5. fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue Private E-2

Make sure the burning program you use is compatible with Vista.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds