DVD Drive not recognised...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Adamlonsdale, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Adamlonsdale

Adamlonsdale Private E-2

Ok, i was using my DVD / CDRW Drive fine, but suddenly it is not displayed in my computer, and when i try and type D:\ as teh path, it says it is no available. Any help is greatly apreciated, thanks!

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Is your drive detected in Bios?

If not, I would check the connections. Make sure the ribbon cable is firmly in place along with the power.

If it is, you might try removing it from your device listing, and re-installing it. To do so, right click on My Computer, and click properties. In Win 9x/Me, you will simply select the Device manager tab. In Win XP, you will have to click the hardware tab, and then click the 'Device Manager' button.

In Win 9x...you can select the device and click the remove button. In Windows XP, you can only uninstall the drivers.

After that, you have to reinstall. There's an Add Hardware Wizard in Control Panel. Hope this helps.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds