Dvd Drive Unable To Read Dvds

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sportsman, May 2, 2005.

1. sportsman

sportsman Private E-2

hi techys, my cd/dvd rw combo drive is unable to read dvds. This problem started recently i am not sure when it stopped exactly like after installing which software i dont remebr exactly. it is able to read cds, i tried those dvds in other dvd drives its working fine in other pcs. my system configurations are: op system in winxp home,
    its a dell inspiron 8600 series. dvd drive is NEC DVD+RW ND-5100A.
    LOOKING forward for ur help. thanks

2. sportsman

sportsman Private E-2

hi guys can some one help me in this dvd problem, i hope there are many techys here so plz some one help me in this.

3. kat1963

kat1963 Private E-2

I have a Dell Inspiron and having the same issues..... help

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

kat1963, welcome to MajorGeeks. You need to start a new thread rather than post to someone else's thread from 2005.
    Start here http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22
    click the New thread button on the left at the top or bottom. When you post, state what version of windows you are running and when the problem first started. Also mention if you tried to do anything to fix this and if so, what you tried. Have you added any additional hardware or done any updates and then noticed the problem?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds