DVD making software needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fertyop, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Fertyop

Fertyop Corporal

I have a bunch of avi's on my computer that I want to put on a DVD-R that can be played on a DVD player I have hooked up to my tv. I tried using nero but they only take those video_ts files. Is there any free program out there that will make a DVD video for me from the avi files.

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

3. Fertyop

Fertyop Corporal

Thats all good n' such but the file size increases. Would I just be able to copy avi to the dvd and play it on my dvd player?

4. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Only if you have a Divx capable DVD player. You can check your DVD player manual or manufacturer's website to find out. Otherwise you will just need to convert them to DVD Video format or settle for watching them on the PC.

5. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

As Just Playin previously stated you could burn the AVI files as a video cd but you would need a DVD player capable of playing this type disc.

DivxtoDVD is the program you need, it converts AVI files into DVD format. Once it's in DVD format you then use a program such as Slysoft CloneDVD to read the DVD files and then burn to a DVD disc.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds