dvd ? not good with computers

Discussion in 'Software' started by tonz-sk8, Feb 22, 2008.

1. tonz-sk8

tonz-sk8 Private E-2

I have an xbox360 it has windows media and i can play videos and music from my laptop onto my 360. My question is.. Is it illegal to put your dvds you own with out sharing them onto your computer.. and if so how can u do that.. The reasoning for this is that im lazy and would love to enjoy to watch my movies right from my xbox with out getting up.. haha thank you for any answers

2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

For your own personal use is good. DVDFab HD Decrypter 4.0.6.2 is a free program that should do the trick. The program will copy your movies to your hard disk drive.
    I haven't used the program in a while, but It was phoning home the last time I tried it. Wasn't a problem for me, not any more annoying than the ad my free antivirus shows to purchase the full edition.
    To view movies you might need a codec pack, VistaCodecs has worked well for me.
    Bug.

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Not true, Bugballou!!

Technically in the US it is not legal under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act of 1998 http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf. It is also not legal in the UK (can't remember the Act). This is because you have to break the encryption to rip it, which is what makes it illegal. It is legal in Canada and France, however.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds