DVD ROM Won't Recognise Disk

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dan_UK, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Dan_UK

Dan_UK Private E-2

Hey
    I recently bought a "Driving Theory Test" DVD for me to use on my computer to revise for my theory test. I put the disc into the DVD-ROM, and nothing happens. No autorun, no window pops up what so ever. I then go to my computer to see if its recognised in there. But its showing that no disc is even in the drive? I then right click on the drive, hopefully to autorun/autoplay, and the egg timer comes up and the computer just freezes for about 30 seconds and then nothing happens.

It isn't the disc because I took that one back and got a new disc and its still doing the same thing!

Please help
    Dan

2. Dan_UK

Dan_UK Private E-2

Also, after it un-freezes, I can then double click the drive and it shows nothing in the drive? No files or anything, as if its a blank disc.

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I guess you could try and update your motherboard drivers as a first guess. If for some reason the drive and DVD are incompatible there is nothing you can do.

Can you watch the videos and do the tests online instead? Is this it: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Video/index.htm

As a small, niche DVD you will otherwise need to track down tech support :(

4. howiefix

howiefix Private E-2

? does the dvd disk work in another PC?
    ? does a different dvd disk work in your PC?

5. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

6. Dan_UK

Dan_UK Private E-2

Bump guys? Just bought another DVD to try and use and this one isn't getting detected now either..

7. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

What windows you running ?

Could be either your MOB or Windows or a Bad cable.Or a Bad CD rom

I think we are going too need to know what kinda specs you haveAnd what kinda computer it is and how old is it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds