DVD+-RW Drive Won't 'forget' CD Disk's Contents!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by COMPUABLE, Sep 22, 2006.

1. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

From COMP: The DVD+-RW Drive Won't forget CD-RW Archived Disk's Contents!

I’m having a very odd problem here with my DVD+-RW Drive. Here’s what happens:

(1) I place any archived CD-RW disk in the drive
    (2) The usual thing happens... A message box appears and the names of the folders on the drive whiz by until it is ready to be opened.
    (3) I open the drive ant the contents are all there and can be copied to my HD.
    (4) When I’m done I eject the disk.

Here’s where the fun begins: Whenever I then place another different CD-RW the message box immediately appears (no names whiz by or anything like that). Then when I open the drive from the My Computer folder; the names folders of the last CD-RW disk I had put in are still there!

The DVD+-RW Drive Won't forget last CD-RW Archived Disk's Contents!

This keeps happening over and over; with any other (entirely different) disks that I subsequently put into the drive. Until I remove the disk from the drive. At that point (or sometime shortly thereafter) the computer sometimes blue screens and crashes - and sometimes it doesn't crash. When I restart the computer the same things happen; if I insert a 'different' CDRW disk, it remembers that disks contents. Very frustrating.

Note: Drive name and number is PHILIPS DVD+-RW (DVD8701)

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer here!

2. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds