DVDFlick appears not to have burnt

Discussion in 'Software' started by Supersadie, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Supersadie

Supersadie Private E-2

Hi
    I have an mpeg4 ripped from a (legal) DVD using handbrake. I used DVDFlick to author and burn. I ended up with a new folder containing classic video_ts and audio_ts files and a perfectly burnt DVD.
    Now, I've tried to make a second copy doing the same thing. It asked if I wanted to put the files in the same folder, thus overwriting what was already there and I said yes. It seemed to be converting and burning. But the dvd appears not to have been burnt and when I put it in the DVD player I had a message did I want to initialise. It wouldn't work and promptly spat it out. Any ideas? I'm very much self-taught so layman's terms might be helpful on this.
    I do have burnaware and know I can make a conventional DVD using that, presumably with the video_ts and audio_ts files, but there are a number of other files in that folder (outside the video and audio subfolders) and I don't know what to do with them, so haven't attempted it.
    Thanks for any help.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Just take the successful DVD you've burned and burn a copy of it rather than going through the ripping and burning for a 2nd time.

3. Supersadie

Supersadie Private E-2

That's ok but...
    a) it doesn't solve future problems, and
    b) I don't know how to do that because the existing disc isn't recognised on my computer. It says the disc is empty but it plays fine on my dvd player. It won't even show me the files because when I hit 'properties' I get 'help me choose a disc' and then the drive spits it out.
    What can it all mean?

4. Supersadie

Supersadie Private E-2

Well, d'oh! Guess who hadn't ticked the box for 'burn disc' in the settings. How embarrassing. Didn't remember having to do that first time around. Must be Dory memory setting in. Will let you know if that solves it. Seems likely...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds