DVDrom Problems (urgent)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by paranoia02, Jan 29, 2008.

1. paranoia02

paranoia02 Private E-2

Hello guys im new here in the forums and im not really sure where to post this so sorry if i posted it in the wrong section.

Well here is my problem, ive bought my NEW 'LG 20x GSA-H55L' dvd writer like 3hours ago. And then i installed it on my cpu, so i tried if it works and i inserted my Call of Duty 4 dvd disc 1, and the drive was able to read it, i copied all of the dvd content on my hdd and after that i inserted disc 2 of CoD4, now here comes the sad part the writer and my pc suddenly slowed down the green light of the dvd-r just keeps blinking and after a few seconds the 'blue screen of death' appeared. The pc restarted by itself and when it booted again to desktop, i tried to run the dvd again but sadly its screwed, it cant read any cd/dvd i even inserted the free nero installer. I updated its firmware and its still doesnt read any dvd, the light just keeps blinking and the eject button doesnt work either after i inserted any dvd/cd. The fu****g drive pissed me off its making me crazy, i removed the ide cables and rebooted my computer still it didnt worked, i connected my old LightOn cd-writer to see if the cables are at fault but my cd-writer is working perfectly.

So what do you guys think this is? Is there any way to fix this? I just wasted 1,500php on this dvd-drive.. :(

2. paranoia02

paranoia02 Private E-2

Please i need your help guys.. Please reply, the dvdrom wont ready any dvd/cds now.. :((

3. monkeytoys

monkeytoys Private E-2

you should be able to return the drive and swap it for another one since you just bought it. it does sound like it died on you though. i've never had that happen, but since another drive works in it's place, i believe that it went bad on ya.

4. paranoia02

paranoia02 Private E-2

Ok. I will have it replaced tomorrow and reply here again if it works.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds