DVD's will not burn properly!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Josh222, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Josh222

Josh222 Private E-2

This is really starting to annoy me now!
    Basicaly I've had my laptop for 8 months, and have burnt about 150 discs.
    Up untill now, its been fine. I've always used ConvertXtoDVD.
    When I make a DVD, it burns says its burnt sucessfully but when I try to watch it, it will not play more than 20 minutes of the dvd, on any dvd player/ps2...
    I've tried changing my burning software, changing the type of discs, uninstalling the drivers etc... Nothing works!

What do I do?
    I think its my dvd drive thats packed up, (yet it still reads discs) so i might have to buy a new one?..
    Thanks, Josh.

2. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

It could be the files your converting to dvd some are encoded as xvid and some are dvix.

3. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

When you say "uninstalling the drivers" did you go to the device manager and select the DVD drive itself and delete that (then rebooting and allowing windows to redetect the device)?

4. Josh222

Josh222 Private E-2

I've tried several different movies, ConvertXtoDVD can handle both of them codecs.

And yes, thats how I uninstalled the drivers. Arghh I hate not being able to burn :(

5. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Sounds like your burner does need to be replaced.

6. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

You could always try a cleaning kit just in case one of the lasers is dirty.

But I've got to say that I've had this happen to me too and just on occasion if you leave them alonf for a few days they start working again of their own accord.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds