DVI, HDMI, PS/2 ports don't work but USB does?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DanLeca, Mar 11, 2015.

1. DanLeca

DanLeca Private E-2

So let me give you a brief. I built my computer about a week ago and it has been fine. I was doing some cable management and one thing lead to another and the system switched off (Noob move, shoulda turned it off) However when I switched it back on, none of the ports work. When I tried to switch the system back on my television said "No Signal". My keyboard also posted showing no life. After many different attempts of checking everything was plugged in correctly there is no change. I have now taken the board out of the case and replugged everything and there is no change. The only things connected is the cpu, ram, power and led cables to switch on, ram and the video card (Tried with and without). I have tried my hdmi cable in both the mobo and the gpu but both give the same results. I am struggling to see what the problem is. If any photos are required let me know and I can try and provide them. Any help? My system is underneath:

Operating System is Windows 7 - 64bit.
    I'd be lying if I knew what my latest bios version number was.

Type Item CPU Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Motherboard ASRock B85M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Memory Crucial 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card PowerColor Radeon R9 290 4GB PCS+ Video Card Case Silverstone RL04W ATX Mid Tower Case Power Supply Silverstone Strider Essential 700W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply Optical Drive Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

2. DanLeca

DanLeca Private E-2

Yeah I tried hooking through DVi. I can't access the bios, the inputs don't work. I removed the battery, nothing. I have sent the mobo back and hoping it gets replaced.

3. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

If you cannot get your USB keyboard recognized, try a PS2 keyboard either native or with USB to PS2 adapter. If you cannot get video and then into the BIOS we need to work on that first.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds