DvrNet Surviellence System

Discussion in 'Software' started by ebouza, Jan 11, 2009.

1. ebouza

ebouza Private E-2

Good evening to all,

I have a Dvrnet surviellence system that a friend of mine uses at his place of business. We are able to view recorded video within the dvrnet program but if we copy any of the video files and try to view them using Windows Media or VLC players, we receive an error message stating that it is unrecognized file format. The file extension of the video files are .box and .bix. Is there a way to convert these files into wmv or avi in order to view them with an external player.

Thank you in advance for all of your help.

Regards,

Erick B

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

According to this http://dotwhat.net/bix/8676/
    one is the video and the other is the audio. You need something called Techjunkies i3 DVR to open it.
    Good luck trying to find that.

3. ebouza

ebouza Private E-2

Thank you Plodr for your quick response.

I also found that while doing searches and I have found the tech junkies i3 dvr, I just don't trust the sites that are hosting the program for downloading.

Thanks once again,

Erick B

4. ebouza

ebouza Private E-2

Good afternoon to all,

Does anyone know how to import files into digicenter, so I can view the .bix and .box video files I have.

Thank you in advance for all of your help.

5. Matrix4

Matrix4 Private E-2

Hello,
    I am also looking for a way to open and view files with .bin and .box extensions (security surveilance recordings). Can anyone please share the working method please? I heard here that Technjunkies i3 DVR software would do the trick but I was unable to locate the program. If it's not too expensive I would be even willing to purchase the tool. Any suggestions and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

6. Matrix4

Matrix4 Private E-2

OK, looking for Diginet Center, which has just been mentioned here...
    However, I will probably face the same issue as ebouza...
    Hopefully someone can help. Thanks again!!!

7. ebouza

ebouza Private E-2

Matrix4,

Don't even waste your time finding and then installing Digicenter, because there is no way to import the files into Digicenter. I have tried everything to get those files imported but no luck. I found Techjunkies i3DVR but I do not trust the source, so I am going to pass on downloading it. If I figure it out I will post what I did in order to view those files.

Have a good afternoon,

Erick B.

8. ThaiPhoenix

ThaiPhoenix Private E-2

So what's the point in having a surveillance video format when there's no way to view the sodding files! This Diginet, wow, great system, works great if you're a villain, you'll get away scott free.
    Wish I'd never bothered with the system.

9. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Did you see the first post?
    The company simply protects the system by not allowing you to copy the surveillance tapes and view off the system.

10. ThaiPhoenix

ThaiPhoenix Private E-2

Which is easy when you're in the same part of the world as your business and its security system.:cry

Never mind, am going to scrap that system for a more reliable one.

Just have to start searching again.:confused

11. hellenpep

hellenpep Private E-2

Did anyone discover how to play bix and box files without diginet?

Did anyone try to work with the headers of the files? I read that diginet/kodicom uses engine-k compression, wich is a Kodicom's proprietary compression. But i didn't find a program to play it!

Any idea?

12. raycarlin

raycarlin Private E-2

i install a use dvrnet myself and unless the version you are useing is not complete there should be no problems copying off your video and playing it in any media player or copy to dvd and play on dvd player
    i have come up against this problem many times before with users not reading the operating book that comes with the dvr

when saveing video capture you select the start and finish time you wish to copy at this stage you have the choice to select witch format you want it to record in select avi then select were you want to save it you can also select the video resolution at this stage when its finnished copying (witch could take a bit of time depending on how long the clip is) you will be able to play it back useing any video media player that plays avi

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds