Dynalink RTA100+ & uTorrent

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by EXOX3, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EXOX3

EXOX3 Staff Sergeant

Hey Guys,

I am having a little trouble, I got utorrent, but it get a big "!" in the connection area relating to my open ports! Can't seem to find an Open one, I have disabled windows firewall, but in my modem admin section, firewall is also disabled, but no matter what port I put in their, testing shows it is non accessable... any idea's and suggestions on how to rectify this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Dave

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

any chance your isp is blocking? I know you're in australia, so that may not be the case.

3. EXOX3

EXOX3 Staff Sergeant

No definitely not my ISP, I am quite sure it's the modem, and settings, but I don't know what to change or turn on or off, I have no idea when it comes to modem, routers, etc

I have checked that the modems firewall is disabled, but I think their is more settings that I need to change, but I am a PC guy, not a modem guy, I have no networking skills for fixing these types of problems, and it is a rather old ADSL modem.

I have 2 other ADSL modems, a Netcomm NB5, but hooking it up I can't access the admin section via 192.168.1.1 like I can with the Dynalink RTA100+. I also have a Alcatel Speedtouch Home, But I have absolutely no idea on what to do, or how to access it!

:(

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Here is the guide from port forward for the Dynalink. http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dynalink/RTA100+/Utorrent.htm

When it asks you what port to forward pick a high number like 59888 (I think they go from 1 - 6x000 i use any number in the 59000's)

The guide tells you that you must set up a static IP address and there is a link to a guide to set that up. I know some may disagree but I have never found any difference with or without a static IP so I skip that step. I do enable UPnP port mapping in utorrent under Connections tab.

If you are unsure about the steps for setting up the static IP try forwarding the port without the static IP and see if utorrent gives you a green check for open port.

It's been a while but I'll try to answer any questions you have if you need help.

5. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

i wonder if upnp will work with that modem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds