dynDNS.dk: keeping track of dynamic ISP address

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Qwertyrun, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Qwertyrun

Qwertyrun Private E-2

Hi,

I have been using DynDNS.dk to track a remote IP address for the purpose of monitoring IP wireless cameras. However, there are problems in that the domain name doesn't keep track of the changing IP address. The current cure is to remotely log in using Teamviewer7 and perform a manual update.

Could anyone advise on a course of action. Possibly: subscribing to a fixed IP, another provider or am I simply making a newbie error?

Cheers all

2. davep1553

davep1553 Private E-2

What are you using at the remote location to automatically update the IP when it changes. DynDNS provides a windows (possibly others) app that can run quietly in the background and update the domain when the IP changes. Some routers also have to ability to update dyndns built into them.

3. Qwertyrun

Qwertyrun Private E-2

Many thanks, I was unaware that it was necessary to run a local App to perform the update. I don't believe the BThub has such a facility.

4. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

You can likely purchase a static IP address from your ISP. Generally, you have to upgrade to a business account.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds