dynex 5.1 sound card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by greywolfsbones, Aug 3, 2008.

1. greywolfsbones

greywolfsbones Private E-2

I just installed a Dynex 5.1 sound card into my computer (xp pro). I do a scan with one of my programs and it says it is outdated. I installed it so I could install my ati graphics card. Now it is saying I need the Windows Logo program. I have the slightest idea what that is or how to get it. Help

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

What program would that be?
    The program is saying that?

If you have installed the sound card, is it working?

Here is some info on the Windows Logo Program
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/default.mspx

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

So what? If the sound card isn't broke, don't fix it (in other words, if it's working fine, don't worry about it). Just because a newer driver is released, that doesn't mean that installing it is required, or even recommended unless the new driver addresses a specific issue that you're having. (I'm assuming that the outdated "it" you're referring to is the sound card driver).
    This makes absolutely no sense to me at all. You installed what so you could install the video card? the sound driver? What does installing a new sound driver have to do with installing a video card? Or the video card driver? Since this is a very vague and ambiguous statement, I can't really say much more since I'm not real clear on what "it" is referring to in the sentence above; is the "it" the sound driver? is "it" the "program"? is "it" the actual sound card?
    :confused :confused :confused :confused

4. greywolfsbones

greywolfsbones Private E-2

im trying to install my ati graphics card and I keep getting the message "ATI mobility radeon 9000 has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with windows XP. Contining your installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future. I looked at that link you gave me and it say that window logo testing is for vista computer I have XP pro.

5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

There shouldn't be any problems, if you just continue with the install.
    That message just means ATI hasn't submitted the drivers to MS yet, changed the driver after testing, or MS hasn't got around to approving it yet.

Some MS products will even give you that message, in certain situations.

One question though, IS the driver for XP or Vista?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds