Dynex Sound Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by user_x, Mar 1, 2006.

1. user_x

user_x Private E-2

I am using the following:

eMachines 3.1 GHZ AMD
    Windows 2003 Server
    1g DDR DIMM
    The mobo came with integrated sound - AC97

I purchased a Dynex Envy24 Family Audio sound card. I installed the drivers, then got the newest drivers online. I rebooted, and tried to get some audio playback, without any luck.

-I set Envy24 as the default for all audio/recording/playback.
    -The hardware is working properly, with no conflicts (irq 17 for envy24, irq 24 for ac97).

I can plug the speakers back into the integrated sound port and it will play without a problem, which is weird. Disabling the integrated sound didn't work. I would appreciate any type of feedback on this, I don't know why it isn't working.

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Hi and welcome to MajorGeeks.

You need to go into the Bios and disable the onboard (intergrated) sound, and enable the PCI sound card.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds