E Drive not responding

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lavender, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Dell Vista won't allow Kodak All-In-One printer to be installed. Says the E drive doesn't work.

Dell doesn't recognise any disks in E Drive.

Why won't E drive work?

Only two of the many problems with this computer. (I agree with others - Vista sucks!)

Help!

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

what does explorer say? Do you have an E:\ drive?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  3. theefool

theefool Geekified

What does your disk manager say?

Attached Files:

4. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Can't find Explorer. Looked at downloading and Fix It. Not at $49.90 a shot, thanks.

Does this mean Vista never had Explorer to start with?

I take it you don't mean Internet Explorer, right?

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Vista has Explorer to access it just click Start and then Computer (or type explorer.exe into the Start Search box, this route generally takes you to the Libraries) and that's Windows Explorer, it will list your Drives as theefool was asking for.

But the issue may not be Windows Vista, it maybe your Dell PC, and the hardware?

If your PC is not recognising any disks in the E: drive then try this HERE

In part it could also be that some makers driver CDs like your Kodak one use a autorun that doesn't always run properly, so open Computer (start > computer) and with the CD in the drive, right click the E: drive and choose Open.

6. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Many thanks for you help and suggestions.

Turns out the computer wasn't programmed right. I took it back to the shop and they did a reinstall. Just got it back but I'm sure everything works right now. If not, I'll be back.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds