E machine wont load keyboard or mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lostin cyber space, Dec 28, 2007.

1. lostin cyber space

lostin cyber space Private E-2

Machine:e machine model T2341
    O.S. : Win XP home
    Processor:AMD athlon xp 2300+

The machine was left on and online overnite.This morning there was nothing.Investigating found the power supply to have failed,due to whatever
    (there was a cappy disloged and loose in the P.S. box).I replaced the power supply with one out of a old comp.(I know I'm not alone with my own comp junkyard on site)It's part #Compaq 124848-001.Anywho when I went to boot everything was fine......until OS welcome screen.Thats when I learned the keyboard and mouse didn't load. Tried several (mice?) and only have the one keyboard(I'm typing on a laptop).The (mice?)have all worked on the laptop.
    I should mention that when the comp. is off the k.b. scroll lock lite flashes and the USB opt.mouse lite remains lit. Please help as I need my comp. and cant afford major repairs,Major Geek repairs have been my only source and I would like to thank each and every one of yall for the the best site bar none.I've shopped other sites(no dis-loyalty intended)& yous guys are tops.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds