E4200 V2 Issues.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Corporal Punishment, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

Just thought I'd throw an FYI out here to save someone else some head aches.

I bought a Cisco E4200 V2 Dual-Band N900 Router about 2 months ago in a whole house upgrade.

Worked great for a while then started getting packet loss only with wireless connections. Wired is smoking fast. So you assume interference right? Nope. ;)

Did all the things you could expect over the last few days to to fix it. Placement, channels, firmware - no luck.

Ended up calling them and there is a know issue with the router and they will replace it. Just go here and call. Takes about 10 minutes of some basic diags and you're done.
    http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/support/index.html#~shp_contact

Hope this save someone a few minutes.

:major

2. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

Update --- New RMA e4200 came in. Wireless on that total crap as well, maybe worse average 75% packet loss.

They wanted to RMA another to me and not replace model type.

Told them I'd rather blow this up at the shooting range and get a d-link.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds